What is Simple Living?
There is often the confusion that simple living equals giving away all of your belongings and moving to the middle of the country to become self-sufficient. Do not confuse simple living with frugal living or basic extremes for either concept. Key concepts of simplicity involve numerous factors, such as:
- Allowing you to be free from too many things. Stop obsessing over the latest gadget or with cramming your home with designer items.
- Starting to live with integrity and intentionally-also known as living on purpose.
- Start to care about your community and the people in the world around you.
- Reconnect to your spiritual side and embrace the changes that come with taking action on the revelations you achieve.
- Developing your ethical mindset and living by your ethics code
- Making a stand when it comes to politics and the economy as a whole. Make your decision to live what you believe.
- Supporting your local community businesses instead of the huge conglomerations by purchasing everyday items from those experienced in their craft or trade.
- Focusing on the survival of our species and our planet by reducing the amount of pollution you put out. This applies to emotional and physical pollution as well. Being negative and spreading nothing but negativity will breed the same in your associates and friends.
The concept of simple living involves embracing the quality of the life you live and not the amount of things you can cram into your living space. The side effects of simple living only proceed to make your life less stressful, peaceful and enjoyable. You will create traditions and patterns that you and your loved ones will remember for years to come. Simple living allows you to make a difference in your community and even globally that you might have bypassed in your previously hectic life.